A BIG THANK YOU to our wonderful neighbours at The Spudshed in Australind for donating money for supplies for our Breakfast Club.
This kind and generous gesture enables us to provide nutritious breakfasts to our students twice a week as part of the Breakfast Club initiative.
Research shows that a School Breakfast Program can have many benefits and positive outcomes, such as:
– Improved concentration, readiness for learning and productivity in classwork
– Improved academic achievement
– Reduced absenteeism
– Improved punctuality
– Reduced behaviour issues
– Reduced food insecurity and financial strain in low socio-economic families
– Healthy habits developed that carry into adulthood
– Better social relations with other students
– Sense of belonging and safety
– Improved physical health
– Improved mental health
The Breakfast Club runs every Wednesday and Friday morning from 7.50-8.20am at the servery window outside the new Gym.
All students are welcome.